Why it’s now well worth considering for your brand
The key stats
- It’s less saturated with adverts than other social media platforms = less competition!
- The Economist referred to TikTok as ‘Youtube on steroids’
- The number of TikTok users in the UK is expected to reach 10 million by 2021.
- The app has had more downloads in the last 18 months than Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
- At the end of 2019 TikTok had 800 million active user worldwide. That makes TikTok 9th in terms of social network sites, ahead of LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- 41% of the market is 16-24 year olds.
- So far, TikTok hasn’t released details of older audience demographics BUT hashtags such as #pulledparents have become hugely popular during lockdown. Gordon Ramsey’s got his groove on in this video (and many others with his daughter Tilly) https://vm.tiktok.com/EBQLQJ/
- 90% of all TikTok users access the app on a DAILY basis.
Get in touch you’d like to set up some TikTok advertising or chat about how it could potentially help your business
What is TikTok?
It’s been primarily a site where people can post their own videos to music and was originally targeted at under 18s – lip-synching is king!
However, it’s changing. People are getting very creative and posting all sorts of funny, crazy, outrageous videos, which is making the app compulsive viewing for many.
Since the Coronavirus, use of the App has soared: with everyone being stuck at home, it’s been used to relieve the boredom and downloads have increased hugely too. See #lockdownlife
How do I advertise with TikTok?
As with Facebook and Instagram advertising, TikTok offers a number of different advert types.
The minimum spend is recommended as $50 (so £40 at the time of writing) per day. So more expensive than other platforms but potentially with better rewards as the competition from other advertisers is currently thin.
- Send people to your website
- Send them to an a an app download
- Get them to follow your hashtag
You might want to do a
- brand takeover (your advert pops up when someone opens the app)
- hashtag challenge (where you work with TikTok and get users to share your brand’s content)
- an advert where your video or image appears in User’s newsfeeds and either directs to your website or an app download
The cost of working with influencers is currently a lot lower than working with them on Instagram but unlike Instagram, you can’t have a business ‘page’ on TikTok.
People can’t actually follow your ‘brand’ in the way they can on other social media platforms.The advertising platform isn’t hugely dissimilar to Facebook’s but is more basic.You can also add a pixel to your website to track traffic as you can with other social media platforms.
Help me advertise with TikTok
If you’d like to know more about advertising with TikTok, please get in touch.